In 1988, 21-year-old Christine was found murdered in Hartford, Connecticut. Almost immediately, rumors started swirling about who could be responsible for her death. But most rumors always have a source — and if you look hard enough, sometimes, you can find a thread of truth. Follow that thread, and you might find the killer.
If you have any information on the location of Samantha or about the murder of Christine Tortoro in the early morning hours of August 26th, 1988, please call the Connecticut Cold Case Tip Line at 1-866-623-8058, or you can email tips to email@example.com. You could be eligible for a $20,000 reward.
To apply for the Cold Case Playing Cards grant through Season of Justice, visit www.seasonofjustice.org
Episode Source Material
- Weatherspark: Temperature on Friday, August 26, 1988 in Hartford.
- Hartford Courant: Hartford police identify dead body, by Theresa Sullivan Barger via Newspapers.com.
- Hartford Courant: State offers rewards in two slayings via Newspapers.com
- Hartford Courant: Rewards offered in slayings via Newspapers.com.
- Hartford Courant: Woman is 3rd prostitute found slain in area via Newspapers.com.
- Courant Community: Canton woman presses police to investigate daughter’s death, by Ken Byron.
- Hartford Courant: Mom seeks probe of death, by Ken Byron via Newspapers.com.
- Patch: Canton woman asks police to renew investigation into daughter’s murder, by Kaitlin Glanzer.
- Hartford Courant: Task force investigates killing of woman.
- Hartford Courant: Police may set up task force to investigate women’s deaths.