May 29th, 2010 was supposed to be a normal Saturday for 34-year-old, single dad Corey and his 11-year-old twins, but a brazen masked gunman had other plans. Authorities in Dayton, Ohio, have spent the last 13 years trying to figure out who was behind that mask.
To apply for the Cold Case Playing Cards grant through Season of Justice, please visit www.seasonofjustice.org.
A video highlighting Corey’s home (first house), the street where he was shot (N. Paul Laurence Dunbar St.), and the lawn of the abandoned house where the shooter was hiding (last house shown). Video taken by audiochuck staff.
Episode Source Material
- Cincinnati Complicity Lawyer (website).
- Dayton Daily News: Mitchell, Mr. Corey A. via Newspapers.com.
- Esfandi Law Group: What is complicity in a crime? By Anastasiia Ponomarova.
- Montgomery County: Grand jury.
- MyAttorneyHome: What is a complicity charge and the length of its term it can carry.
- WHIOTV7 (Dayton, OH): Cold Case: Shooter Never Even Cared That There Were Two Children There, by Kara Driscoll.