Belinda’s story has held a special place in our hearts for a very long time. Back in August of 2022, her family reached out to the team here at audiochuck requesting we cover her case. We told Belinda’s family we’d try, and for months we did try – we reached out to the investigating agency on multiple occasions, but we’ve still never heard back about an interview.
Thankfully, through a records request, we were eventually able to obtain hundreds and hundreds of pages of reports spanning the nearly 50 years since Belinda’s disappearance. Hopefully, by bringing her story to you, we can bring her some justice that she very much deserves.
If you have any information about the disappearance or murder of Belinda VanLith in 1974, please call Crime Stoppers of Minnesota at 1-800-222-TIPS. You can also submit a tip online through Crime Stoppers.
To apply for a Cold Case Playing Card grant through Season of Justice, please visit www.seasonofjustice.org.
Episode Source Material
- Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension: Missing person bulletin.
- Star Tribune: Seeing foul play, Wright County reopens 1974 missing teen case, by Paul Walsh.
- St. Cloud Times: Belinda VanLith via Newspapers.com.
- St. Cloud Times: VanLith case is getting a fresh look, by David Unze via Newspapers.com.
- TheDoeNetwork: Belinda VanLith.
- The Charley Project: Belinda Kay VanLith.
- Weather Underground: Saint Cloud, MN Weather History.