What began as a normal April day in 2021 ended in heartache for the family of 20-year-old Cody Woodson when the college student was gunned down in the streets just outside of his apartment in an attack that police now believe was not meant for him.
If you know anything about the murder of Cody Woodson in 2021, please call Crime Stoppers at 804- 780-1000.
If you’d like to donate to Virginia Commonwealth University’s scholarship in Cody’s name you can find that HERE.
Episode Source Material
- GoFundMe: Remember Cody, the Dova, friend, a brother, an ADC, by Nicholas Parisi.
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: Carver residents on edge after shootings kill VCU student, teen, by Reed Williams and Ali Rockett.
- The Commonwealth Times: Richmond grapples after spike in shooting deaths, by Sahara Sriraman and Anya Sczerzenie.
- The Commonwealth Times: The AWARE Foundation, Richmond Police Department unveil Cody Woodson billboard, by News Editor.
- Virginia Commonwealth University: #VCURemembersCody.
- WAVY: Girlfriend of slain VCU student: He was murdered after taking out the trash, by Alex Thorson.
- WRIC ABC 8News: Four people shot dead within four days in Richmond, by Emma North.
- WRIC ABC 8News: Nine months after 20-year-old VCU student Cody Woodson was murdered, a billboard rises asking for answers, by Tyler Thrasher and Kerri O’Brien.
- WRIC ABC 8News: Six months later, loved ones of slain VCU student still desperate for answers, by Alex Thorson.
- WRIC ABC 8News: ‘So horrendous’: VCU students react to two deadly shootings near campus, one fellow student killed, by Laura Perrot.
- WRIC ABC 8News: VCU creates scholarship, holds vigil for Cody Woodson: ‘his thirst for learning was contagious,’ by Alex Thorson.
- WRIC ABC 8News: 20-year-old VCU student and 17-year-old identified as Gilmer Street shooting victims, by Amelia Heymann.
- 6 News Richmond: Family hopes this billboard helps to catch a killer in Richmond, by Scott Wise.