In 1982, Deana Patnode, a vibrant 23-year-old, disappeared from a Minnesota bar without a trace. Decades later, a deck of cold case playing cards would ultimately lead to some closure in her case — but leave everyone with far more questions than answers.
If you know anything about the murder of Deana Patnode, or if you remember seeing her at the Buck Board bar on Concord Boulevard in South St. Paul on October 26th, 1982, please call the Wabasha County Sheriff’s Office at 651-565-3361 and ask for Chief Deputy Warren.
Episode Source Material
- Warner Funeral Home: In memory of Deana Patnode.
- Twin Cities Pioneer Press: Remains found in 1989 identified as Inver Grove Heights woman, by Pioneer Press.
- The Doe Network: Press release by law enforcement.
- Post Bulletin: Missing woman’s remains identified, by John Weiss.
- Twin Cities Pioneer Press: Card in a ‘Cold Case Deck’ draws a tip that reopens disappearance of an Inver Grove Heights woman, by Jess Fleming.
- YouTube: Minnesota Cold Case Playing Cards part 2, uploaded by Pioneer Press.
- Duluth News-Tribune: Details emerge in Donald Blom prison death, by Teri Cadeau.
- MPRnews: Donald Blom, killer of Katie Poirier, dies in Minn. Prison, by The Associated Press.