Fourteen-year-old Kellie Poppleton was brutally assaulted and murdered on December 2, 1983, and for almost 40 years, calls for justice have gone unanswered. But now, with advancements in DNA forensics, detectives are more hopeful than ever that they might be able to find their killer. They hope that the renewed interest in this case will give them the final piece of the puzzle and to bring the family the justice that is so long overdue.
If you have any information regarding the 1983 murder of Kellie Poppleton, please call the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office at 510-667-3636.
Episode Source Material
- Pleasanton Weekly: 36 years later: Former classmate confesses to murder of Pleasanton’s Tina Faelz, by Gina Channell.
- SF Gate: Death Row inmate convicted of ’84 murder / Rape-slaying adds to case against 8-year-old’s killer, by Henry K. Lee.
- Sacramento News and Review: The Long Flight Home: revisiting how detectives finally grabbed one of the Capital Region’s worst serial killers, by Scott Thomas Anderson.
- East Bay Times: Man gets death in rape, killing of woman, by Alejandro Alfonso.
- Pleasanton Weekly: Sheriff’s office marks 40th anniversary of Dublin cold-case murder, by Jeremy Walsh.