Twenty-seven-year-old Susan, better known as Su, was the kind of woman most people would describe as a breath of fresh air or a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day. But late one night in 1992, Su’s brightness was suddenly and brutally put out. For the past three decades, law enforcement has spent countless hours unraveling the tangled web of mysteries and dark secrets that laid behind Su’s warm smile.
To apply for the Cold Case Playing Cards grant through Season of Justice, visit www.seasonofjustice.org
Episode Source Material
- Inside Edition: Who Killed Su Taraskiewicz? 28 Years On, Her Mother Still Vows to Get Justice: ‘I Am Not Going Away’, by Mara Montalbano.
- Mass Live: ‘It’s never late to solve a murder’: Police still seeking leads in 1992 killing of Susan Taraskiewicz in Revere, offering $250K reward for information leading to arrest in cold case, by Jackson Cote.
- NBC News: Vigil Marks 25th Anniversary of Murder of Massachusetts Woman Susan Taraskiewicz, by Rachael Trost.
- O’Flaherty Law: Your right to remain silent — When does it apply?
- Star Tribune (Minneapolis, MN): Boston NWA ground crews indicted in fraud scheme, by David Phelps.
- Star Tribune (Minneapolis, MN): Workers say Northwest ignored slain employee’s complaints, by Associated Press.
- Suffolk County District Attorney: Remarks of Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley on the 20th Anniversary of the Murder of Susan Taraskiewicz.
- The Bangor Daily News (Bangor, ME): Job harassment may have led to murder, by Katharine Webster.
- The Bangor Daily News (Bangor, ME): Mom keeps murder case alive, by Jay Lindsey.
- The Boston Globe: Airline’s employees scrutinized in murder probe, credit-card case, by John Ellement and Matthew Brelis.
- The Boston Globe: In Revere, body found in car trunk, by Cheong Chow.
- The Boston Globe: Logan theft ring link to murder eyed, by Kevin Cullen and Jordana Hart.
- The Boston Globe: Mother, DA still searching for killer, by Peter DeMarco and Kathleen Burge.
- The Boston Globe: Mother keeps vigil for slain daughter, by Shelley Murphy.
- The Boston Globe: Murder victim’s friends recall last months filled with change, by Tom Coakley and Chris Reidy.
- The Boston Globe: Northwest offers $10,000 reward in hunt for airline worker’s killer, by John Ellement.
- The Boston Globe: Perjury case tied to airport worker’s murder takes a twist, by Patricia Nealon.
- The Boston Globe: Slay probe witness accused of perjury, by Patricia Nelson.
- The Boston Globe: Slay victim complained to union at airline, by Tom Coakley.
- The Boston Globe: Tapes studied in death of Saugus woman, by Lynda Gorov.
- The Wall Street Journal: Murder Mystery: An Unsolved Slaying of an Airline Worker Stirs Family to Action, by Barbara Carton.
- United States Court of Appeals, First Circuit. UNITED STATES of America, Appellant, v. Robert BROOKS, Defendant, Appellee. No. 98-1111. Decided: June 05, 1998.
- YouTube: Unsolved Mysteries with Robert Stack: Season 8 Episode 10.
- UPI Archives: Northwest settles harassment complaint.