In 2017, 17-year-old Maggie Long went missing in rural Park County, Colorado, only to be found hours later as the victim of the most brutal murder the area had ever seen. For the past five years, Maggie’s horrific murder has weighed on law enforcement in the small community as they’ve struggled to get any answers to the nagging questions surrounding her case.
If you know anything about the murder of 17-year-old Maggie Long in 2017, please call the Maggie Long tip line at 303-239-4243.
Episode Source Material
- NBC News: Family hopes FBI’s investigation into 2017 death of Maggie Long as a hate crime will shine new light on case, by Andrea Cavallier.
- Denver7: FBI investigating 2017 Maggie Long murder case out of Bailey as hate crime, by Stephanie Butzer.
- South China Morning Post: Grisly death of US teen Maggie Long a possible hate crime, FBI says.
- People: Colo. Teen, 17, was slain in family home in 2017 — now FBI think sit was possibly a hate crime, by Harriet Sokmensuer.
- CBS News: FBI is now investigating 2017 death of Asian American teen in her Colorado home as a hate crime.
- 9News: ‘This is not a cold case’: Maggie Long’s sisters not giving up two years after teen’s murder, by Noel Brennan.
- The Flume: Conflicting reports and gag order left community in dark over the death of Maggie Long, by Walter L. Newton.
- FOX 31: Gag order on missing Bailey girl case deepens mystery, by Michael Konopasek.
- Fox News: Missouri men bound, set woman on fire when she refused to give combination to safe, police say, by Katherine Lam.
- FOX 31: FBI investigating Maggie Long’s death as a hate crime, by Dara Bitler and Vicente Arenas.
- The Flume: Is robbery in Missouri connected to Maggie Long case? By Walter Newton.
- KMZU: Woman set on fire in Johnson County may have Colorado case connection, by Donnie King.
- The Flume: Still no arrest in Maggie Long murder, by Walter L. Newton.
- The Flume: News conference adds no new information on Maggie Long’s murder, by Bill Bruner.
- The Flume: High school student Maggie Long’s body identified from house fire, Sheriff’s Office is treating case as a homicide, by Walter L. Newton.
- Park County: Press release – Maggie Long homicide investigation, by Sheriff Fred Wegener.
- 9News: New Park County Sheriff promises fresh start, by Noel Brennan.
- One Colorado: Hate crimes. Accessed 6 December 2022.
- The Center on Colfax: Hate crimes. Accessed 6 December 2022.